Saturday 12 June 2010

RSS feeds feed me knowledge


I think RSS feeds are a really good idea. Being able to view new content from your favourite websites all in one place is both quicker and more convenient. Because people in general have become very lazy, I also believe this would be a better way to get information across to the masses, as they are much more likely to quickly add an RSS feed than to constantly keep visiting your site on the off-chance that a new update has been posted. I have added the RSS feed for the 23 Things Cambridge blog and also the feed for all of the Cam23 blogs.

Something I have just discovered but am excited about is Google Reader (see screenshot), a better way to keep on top of all your feeds. It is much easier to see which sites you have subscribed too and you can also 'star' interesting posts that you want to refer to later. I think it's definitely something I'm going to be using more often in the future.

I also thought the further reading for Thing 2 was very interesting, listing ways in which libraries could use RSS feeds to their advantage. I think they could be utilized very effectively in order to keep people informed and updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment