Saturday 12 June 2010

The amazing adventures of Doodle and Google (calendar)

Okey dokey, next up are Things 5 and 6. To be honest, although I found both Doodle and Google calendar really easy to use, I don't think I'll be using them, simply because I don't schedule and attend many meetings, or have much to put on my calendar. There are a grand total of eight people working in my library, so if we have a meeting, we can either email each other...or sometimes we just talk (dun dun derr)! I can see the benefits for a larger organisation or if people from different libraries wanted to get together though. As for the calendar, our deputy librarian already produces a really useful weekly sheet that we can refer to via CamTools so I'm not sure it could be used to great effect. Perhaps in our busy periods in Michaelmas term when there are lots of library inductions for new students it could be of help then so we know what is taking place on which days. Here is a screenshot of my Google calendar with a fake meeting scheduled! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment