Friday 23 July 2010

LinkedIn: Facebook for the American businessman

(Must stop thinking of Link from the Legend of Zelda video game whenever I see the word LinkedIn.)

I watched this YouTube video for a simple explanation of what LinkedIn is all about;



I have to admit, I'm not a big fan. It seems like the social networking market has become totally dominated by Facebook, leaving all others in the dark. As a result, there aren't as many people on these other sites, so it's hard to find anyone you know. LinkedIn doesn't look as easy to use an
d seems mainly populated with American businessmen. I'm not sure what the benefits for libraries would be, if more people jumped on the LinkedIn bandwagon then maybe it would be more worthwhile taking part. As it is, I don't think there would be much of an audience to inform and keep in touch with. I'd need more convincing on this one I'm afraid.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, thanks for posting the video. I think that has helped me appreciate it potential rather more as I have just slated it in my blog post. ''Rant in haste, reconsider at leisure'' seems to be my manta for 23 things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some lively discussions going on in the CILIP Linkedin group at the moment, might be worth a look ...?

    ReplyDelete